Thursday, January 24, 2008

Martin Luther King Jr. Article Response

Martin Luther King Jr. has been a universally-known figure since his "I Have a Dream" speech in the 1960s.
In the article, one of the professors that was interviewed mentioned that nobody ever knew what his dream was, and I disagree with that. I believe that his whole speech and dream was having racial equality within the United States, and probably everywhere in the world. He wanted his children to grow up in a "racist-free" environment and for everyone to just get along. I believe that that's what his dream really was. I believe that he just wanted peace and equality for everyone. I also don't agree with the comment made by Hilary Clinton, where she said that his dream wasn't recognized until the Civil Rights Act was signed by Lyndon B. Johnson.
This article was interesting, but I didn't agree completely with all of it.